2015-2016 SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT
Effective October 1, 2015, the National Office has mandated that all Tournament Organizers of Sanctioned Tournaments MUST comply with the following process for submitting Tournament documentation and validating background-checked Officials.
- Beginning October 1, 2015, all Tournament Organizers will be required to submit a list of officials who worked their event. At this time, this list ONLY needs to include the referees working the Tournament.
- The Division will submit the list of officials when the classification report is sent to the USA Fencing National Office. YOU MUST SUBMIT THIS LIST WITH YOUR TOURNAMENT DOCUMENTS GENERATED FROM FENCING TIME to the Division Secretary/Division Chair WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE CLASSIFICATION CHANGES TO SUBMIT.
- All officials (to include Referees, Bout Committee members, Armorers and any other Professional Members working the Tournament) are required to be background screened for USA Fencing sanctioned events (see the current Green-Light list on this page.).
- If a non-screened official is used, the tournament organizer will receive a warning letter.
- On the second offense, the tournament organizer will not be allowed to host a Sanctioned event for a period of six (6) months.
- On the third offense, the tournament organizer will be referred to the NATIONAL Board of Directors for investigation and potential disciplinary action.
NOTE: The requirement does not apply to individuals who are under the age of 18.
Tournament Organizers are ultimately responsible for validating that their hired Officials are within compliance of the Professional Membership and Background Check requirements. Please ensure your Officials are valid and screened using the required SafeSport process and the USA Fencing-approved . For more information, see the Policy Documents posted on the SafeSport page at USFencing.org.