SC Division Announcement
The SC Division Summer Nationals Qualifier is scheduled for Saturday, April 15th at Foothills Fencing Academy in Piedmont, SC. Below are some general details about the tournament. The tournament has also been posted on askFRED. Go to the SC Division Calendar Page and click on the tournament listing in the Calendar Table.
- The tournament will be held at Foothills Fencing Academy in Piedmont, SC.
- Note that the final cutoff for online registration is TWO WEEKS prior to the tournament. This is so that fencers will know sufficiently in advance whether their event is being fenced and can make travel arrangements. Note that if circumstances change, we may push the cutoff to a later date.
- All fencers must pre-register AND pre-pay online on askFRED. There will be NO WALK-INS permitted.
- The SC Division annual meeting will be held at the venue following the tournament at 4:00pm.
See the MORE INFO page for the tournament on askFRED for complete details. If you have any specific questions please address them to the division chair.
SC Division Announcement
The SC Division JO Qualifiers are scheduled for Sunday, December 11th in Columbia, SC. The division will also be hosting a second tournament which will run concurrently at the same venue on the same date as the JO Qualifiers. This tournament, called the Bookends tournament, will include three-weapon events for Vet Combined as well as Y12 fencers. Below are some general details about the tournaments. The tournaments have been posted on askFRED. Go to the SC Division Calendar Page and click on the tournament listings in the Calendar Table.
- The tournaments will be held at The Katie & Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center in Columbia, SC.
- The sign-up criteria and deadlines are different between the two tournaments. The JO Qualifier events have an early pre-registration cutoff date. This is so that fencers will know sufficiently in advance whether their event is being fenced and can make travel arrangements. Note that if circumstances change, we may push the cutoff to a later date. All fencers must pre-register AND pre-pay online on askFRED for JO Qualifier events. There will be NO WALK-INS permitted.
- The Bookends tournament events are open for all USFA fencers, not just SC Division fencers. Walk-ins will be permitted. Pre-payment online is not required but is encouraged and is discounted. Payment at the venue will cost more.
If you have any specific questions please address them to the division chair.
2015-2016 SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT
Effective October 1, 2015, the National Office has mandated that all Tournament Organizers of Sanctioned Tournaments MUST comply with the following process for submitting Tournament documentation and validating background-checked Officials.
- Beginning October 1, 2015, all Tournament Organizers will be required to submit a list of officials who worked their event. At this time, this list ONLY needs to include the referees working the Tournament.
- The Division will submit the list of officials when the classification report is sent to the USA Fencing National Office. YOU MUST SUBMIT THIS LIST WITH YOUR TOURNAMENT DOCUMENTS GENERATED FROM FENCING TIME to the Division Secretary/Division Chair WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE CLASSIFICATION CHANGES TO SUBMIT.
- All officials (to include Referees, Bout Committee members, Armorers and any other Professional Members working the Tournament) are required to be background screened for USA Fencing sanctioned events (see the current Green-Light list on this page.).
- If a non-screened official is used, the tournament organizer will receive a warning letter.
- On the second offense, the tournament organizer will not be allowed to host a Sanctioned event for a period of six (6) months.
- On the third offense, the tournament organizer will be referred to the NATIONAL Board of Directors for investigation and potential disciplinary action.
NOTE: The requirement does not apply to individuals who are under the age of 18.
Tournament Organizers are ultimately responsible for validating that their hired Officials are within compliance of the Professional Membership and Background Check requirements. Please ensure your Officials are valid and screened using the required SafeSport process and the USA Fencing-approved . For more information, see the Policy Documents posted on the SafeSport page at USFencing.org.